Financial Assistance Programs
YOU WILL NEED TO EMAIL YOUR FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE CONFIRMATION EMAIL TO: firstname.lastname@example.org ASAP ONCE CONFIRMED FOR PAYMENT TO BE CORRECTLY APPLIED TO YOUR ACCOUNT.
Please read information below as changes have been made to the JUMPSTART program.
When families need a little financial boost to get kids involved in a sport, dance team or other active program, they need to fill out an application. This needs to be done before the fees are due, as the money goes right to the organization. Applications for assistance can typically be submitted from January 15 to November 1; with the goal for funding to be equitably distributed over Spring/Summer and Fall/Winter activities.
Your family meets our financial need requirements and your kid is registered, but what about the skates/cleats/racquets/gloves/helmets/uniforms they need to play? Not to worry. Jumpstart has you covered. The application asks for equipment details. Funds can also be provided for adaptive equipment to help kids with special needs.
Some other important points to note as part of the application process:
• Cheques are made payable to the service organization identified as the “Payee” in the application form. The Payee is a service organization (such as a local Hockey Association or gymnastic club) which coordinates the sports or physical activity on behalf of the qualifying youth/child.
• Cheques are never sent to the parent/guardian directly.
• All approvals are at the sole discretion of the local Jumpstart Chapter and designated Canadian Tire Regional Manager; and are subject to local demands and Chapter budgets.
If you have additional questions, call 1-844-YES-PLAY or visit the FAQ Section
APPLY HERE: https://jumpstart.canadiantire.ca/content/microsites/jumpstart/en/apply.html#wanttoapply
Information and Application available here: http://www.kidsportcanada.ca/alberta/apply-for-assistance/
Leduc & Leduc County residents apply to: http://www.kidsportcanada.ca/alberta/alberta-provincial-fund/. You will then be walked though the entire process.
You will need to know your players fee amount (found in Registration Information) and have a Notice of Assessment on file to upload.
Applications are reviewed by KidSport within 30 days. Cheques for approved applications are mailed to the sport club directly within two weeks of the review date. You will receive an email confirming your application result. Please note incomplete applications will delay the process by a minimum of four (4) weeks.
Our program helps financially disadvantaged children play hockey by ensuring kids have equal financial access to the game. Often times, Lace ‘Em Up funding starts where another organizations’ funding ends.
- Youth aged 3 to 18
- Participating in a fully registered and recognized sport program
- Financially disadvantaged family, where such determination is based on the Federal Low Income Cut-Off guidelines.
- Applications for assistance can be submitted from June 1 - August 15, 2019.
The Lace ‘Em Up funds are provided directly to your Minor Hockey Association who will ensure your outstanding registration fees are paid, and work with you and your sporting organization to determine other areas of need, and appropriate methods of disbursement.
Please go to http://laceemup.ca/ for more information and to register online.