ALL COACHES, PLAYERS, GUEST COACHES AND VOLUNTEERS MUST WEAR A CSA APPROVED HELMET WITH THE CHIN STRAP SECURELY FASTENED WHEN PARTICIPATING IN ANY ON ICE ACTIVITY.
On December 11, 2008 the info bulletin, 08/27 - Mandatory Helmets on Coaches was issued to all members of Hockey Alberta. It stated:
Effective November 6, 2008 it is mandatory that any coach, trainer, assistant coach, guest coach or volunteer who is on the ice or floor (inline hockey) at practice or a similar function must wear a CSA approved helmet with the chin strap of the helmet securely fastened. Beginning January 1, 2009 failure to comply with this policy will result in the following discipline for all Divisions of hockey:
1st Offence Written warning
2nd Offence 2 Game Suspension
3rd Offence Indefinite Suspension
RISK MANAGEMENT POLICY
- No player shall be allowed to play or practice without being properly registered with Leduc Minor Hockey and properly registered in the Hockey Canada Registry (HCR).
- All Coaches, Assistant Coaches and Bench Staff shall be properly registered to the Team through the Hockey Canada Registry (HCR).
- All injured players requiring medical attention shall complete an injury report form and not be permitted to resume play without written approval of a qualified physician for joint, bones, neck, facial, back and head injuries otherwise written parental approval is required.
- All coaches must be certified to coach the level at which they are coaching.
- All coaches or demonstrators under the age of eighteen (18) years must be in full equipment.
- All coaches, guest coaches or demonstrators over the age of eighteen (18) must wear a CSA approved helmet with chin strap.
- No player, coach or team official shall consume or be under the influence of alcohol, illegal drugs or performance enhancing drugs at any time within the arena.
- "Hazing" or any initiation rite is not tolerated and will be dealt with by the LMHA executive and Hockey Alberta.
- All persons transporting players or team officials to or from any team function must carry adequate personal liability insurance, in the amount of at least $1,000,000).
- No team shall be in the dressing room or on the ice without the supervision of a coach or team official.
- Players and team officials shall be personally responsible for damage to any facility they play in or utilize.
- LMHA will not be responsible for property lost or stolen in the arena.
- No players, team officials or executive members shall make statements to the news media except game description (scores) and details of upcoming games without the direction from the President.
- All play will be as per regulations of Hockey Alberta and CHA.
- All executive and team members will not conduct themselves in a matter which causes LMHA legal or financial liability.
- All coaches, managers and other team staff are required to complete a Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Sector Check and Child Intervention Check Prior to November 15th.
Health and Safety
All players shall purchase and use their own personal water bottle.
No players shall be on the ice without complete and approved equipment for any on ice function. All equipment must be CSA approved.
Goaltenders of all ages must wear a complete set of equipment at all times.
Hygiene and dressing room safety will be promoted in accordance with the Hockey Trainers Safety Program.
**NEW** Code of Conduct and Social Media Policies
Code of Conduct Policy
Social Media Policy
All player or coach injuries require an injury report form filled out and returned to Risk Management at firstname.lastname@example.org
Hockey Canada Injury Report Form
Safety Requires Teamwork
Hockey Canada Safety Essentials
Hockey Canada Insurance Information